Address validation and tax calculation are the two functionalities we have added in our custom plug-in of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We used TaxJar API services for address validation and tax calculation.
Address validation is used to confirm the data or address of the customer by calculating rate for that address. Address can be found in entities like Contacts, Accounts, Quotes, Invoice and Sales Order.
1. The CRM user can configure TaxJar solution by double clicking on TaxJar from “Solutions” in “Settings”. On double clicking on TaxJar a pop up window will appear in which the user can choose the configuration.
2. Now the CRM user or salesperson can validate addresses, which are found in fields like Contacts, Accounts, Quotes, Invoice and Sales order. Along with validation of address rate, sales tax calculation also occurs in sales Order, Invoice and Quotes.
3. Tax calculation for Quotes is shown in the below screens. In Quotes, Invoice and Orders (Sales orders) tax is calculated on the basis of the shipping or billing address. After the validation of address, user can calculate the tax by clicking on “calculate tax”.
4. Salesperson can also create transaction in TaxJar by checking on to “Create Transaction in TaxJar” check box
5. Salesperson or CRM user can also download the list of all transactions made from starting of the year to till now, all they need to do is to click on “Export CSV” and they get the CSV file via e-mail.
6.If you want to add calculated tax and validated address to line items then you have to first check on “Copy Calculated Tax and Verified above Address in line items”. You can see the added calculated tax and verified address by double clicking on a product from line item
7.The salesperson can copy the product tax code and description from here, and then paste it in the “New Tax Code” Pop-up window, shown in the below screen.