Kindness At Workplace “Love (or kindness) and connection are two universal human needs. These, along with other values like trust, respect, safety and acceptance, help us to thrive and feel fulfilled”
Reasons Why Kindness A Priority In The Workplace
- Kindness makes us happier
- Kindness slows aging
- Kindness makes for better relationships
- Kindness is contagious.
Kindness is Strength
Kindness is a key element to a successful, healthy, popular, and balanced life. Kindness and strength are not mutually exclusive – rather: only the strong can truly be kind. It’s a type of kindness given freely without expectation of return. Genuine kindness is something that we do because we can, not because we should.
Benefits of Kindness at Workplace
According to a recent study, people who were treated kindly at work repaid it by being 278% more generous to coworkers compared to a control group. Research has found that kindness encourages increased health and increased emotional well-being in the workplace in the following ways:
- Increases Energy Levels. Acts of kindness release a hormone called serotonin which generates a feeling of calmness and can even boost self-esteem.
- Increases Positive Perspectives. Kindness also encourages the release of oxytocin which encourages optimism, lowers blood pressure, and promotes cardiovascular health.
- Increases Well-Being. When you are kind, serotonin is released into your system. Serotonin is the ‘feel good’ chemical in our brain that generates happiness.
Kindness at Workplace, in my opinion, has become a lost art. It costs nothing and benefits everyone, yet we are all so busy that we forget how a simple, genuine smile or a hello can change the course of someone’s entire day.